Pay-per-Click advertising is pretty simple. Search engines such as Google and Yahoo allow businesses to buy listings which will appear at the top of their search results ahead of non paid results.
Display advertising is just as simple. It is a graphical advertisement that appears beside content on web pages, apps emails, etc. Display advertising can be compared to ads in a newspaper or magazine with the twist of moving static from a flash video.
It’s no secret that businesses have started using Pay-per-Click advertising much more in the past few years, with the rise of tablets and smart phones giving consumers easier access to searching for their favorite brands, events, etc. at the moment, the number of people using search engines to obtain information is at an all time high. This raises a big question for businesses trying to advertise their product: Pay-per-Click or Display advertising – which is best?
When it comes to PPC advertising, businesses may find the following beneficial:
- Speed of Market – Unlike using organic SEO, PPC ads can quickly launch and bring in targeted traffic to your page.
- Reach a Larger Audience – Additional audience reaching your website can help expand your online visibility and establish your business as a leader in the industry.
- Target Specific Traffic to Your Website – Assigning specific keywords and demographics can hugely increase the quality of traffic visiting your website. PPC ads can be assigned to run during the best sales periods for your business or in a specific region.
- Maximize Return on Your Investments – Because you pay for PPC only when your ad is clicked, it’s easy to mange cost, track conversions and determine your ROI. Data is accurately recorded allowing campaign results to be monitored easily.
Maybe display advertising is more suited to your business, here are a few reasons why:
- Eye Grasping – It’s easy for viewers to look past a text ad. Display ads are designed to catch the eye of the viewer and influence them to click on it.
- Target a Relevant Audience – Display ads are featured alongside relevant content. For example, a viewer may be looking at a football website and then see your advertisement on the side of the page for cheap football boots. Since your ad relates to content on the website, there is a better chance the viewer will find your advertisement relevant and interesting.
- Tracking ability – Display ads can allow you to track and keep record on the amount of times on a weekly or monthly basis that your ad is clicked. This helps give you an idea on whether your ad is working or needs to be changed.
So which one is suited for your business, Pay-per-Click or Display advertising?